EHS Legal Compliance
To know more:REQUEST CONSULT OR QUOTE
It is pertinent for organizations to manage both environmental and health & safety risks. EHS statutory & regulatory requirements are designed to protect people and the environment and adherence to these builds trust among stakeholders.
Legal non-compliance can have far reaching impacts such as prosecution of the owner/occupier, stringent fines, or even closure of company. It poses serious threats to business continuity, financial standing, brand image, reputation and employee morale.
The Environment Protection Act 1986 is an umbrella act for controlling pollution and protection of Environment. EPA together with water and air regulations are the mainstay of India’s environmental requirements.
Today, due to dynamic legal requirements on safety and health, organizations are more exposed more to new compliance risks. Health & safety compliances are derived from the International Labor Organization (ILO) requirements with India Factory rules, Industrial Relations Code 2020, Occupational Safety, Health & Working Conditions Code 2020, electrical safety requirements like CEIG rules, State Electricity rules on licensing, IS codes.
Benefits of legal compliance:
- Aligning of compliance risks with strategic requirements
- Provides assurance and consistent approach
- Reduced unwanted losses
- Reduce liability and risk
- Improve compliance, Compliance to rules, legislation, company standard and practices
- Reduced accidents, incidents, and costs
How can DNV help:
DNV can support organizations identify legal noncompliance risks and advise management to adopt an effective regulatory compliance system with expert knowledge and resources. Our advisory support services and regulatory audits helps you to recognize and take suitable action to safeguard your organization. We create value in sustainable performance of organization while meeting your current challenges in improving EHS compliance.
DNV’s scope of legal compliance services comprises of:
- Compliance assessment and audit status on organization’s current requirements
- Advisory on designing and implementing with new/latest EHS regulations, existing management systems solutions
- Improving any establishments’ current EHS System (through gap assessments/audits)
- Implementation of new EHS management systems (Advisory, training)
- Certification and benchmarking of your EHS systems
- We also provide training in EHS systems which will be customized or need based on stakeholder requirements
EHS legal compliance services cover Indian Environmental & Safety laws, India Factory Rules, National building Code 2004 & 2016, EIA notifications, Fire Service Rules and Acts, Public Liability Insurance Rules, Chemical accidents (Emergency planning, preparedness and response) rules, Hazardous waste management, Biomedical waste management, Explosive rules, SMPV etc.
Who can benefit from compliance assessments:
- All types of industries, organizations, establishments, shops, factories with production
- All types of service industry, IT parks, Hotels etc.