This CQI- IRCA Certified course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of OHSMS (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - ISO 45001:2018). Reference is made to the standard ISO 19011 - Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems and the ISO 17021 - Conformity assessment- Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of Management Systems.
Who should attend ?
This course is recommended for anyone who is planning to qualify as a Lead Auditor/Auditor and perform Internal/External audits of OHSMS as per ISO 45001 standard..
How will you benefit from this course?
- Provide an interpretation and understanding of the ISO 45001 requirements.
- Facilitate the establishment of internal and external audit programmes.
- Enable delegates to plan, perform and report 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits.
- Assist with verification of corrective action.
- Aid improvement within organisations through teaching value-added auditing.
- Provide insight into developing an organisations safety management system.
For successful completion of this course, it is expected that you have prior knowledge of the following management principles and concepts: The PDCA cycle Occupational health and safety management Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a Foundation OHSMS training course in ISO 45001.
- Management systems – What and why, including the HLS
- What is an audit and why are they necessary?
- Risk based thinking process
- ISO 45001:2018 purpose and requirements from an auditing perspective.
- How to plan & conduct audits
- Audit communication
- Value added audit reporting and follow-up