This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of management systems against the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015, in accordance with the guidance given in the ISO 19011 for the first and second party audits as well as the requirements of the ISO 17021 for the third-party audits. This course has been registered and certificated by the IRCA Governing Body and satisfies and formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under IRCA or either Auditor Certification Scheme.
Who should attend ?
Anyone intending to perform audits of a environmental management system. Note that, while this course is applicable to first, second, and third party audits, this course is taught from the third party (Certification Body) perspective. An attendee can both start their journey down the third-party auditor route, and/or understand what third party auditors look for. Some companies require the successful competition of this course to perform first party and second party audits.
Principles and Concepts
- The PDCA cycle
- The relationship between environmental management and customer satisfaction
- HLS requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of the ISO 14001;2015.
- Management systems – What and why, including the HLS
- What is an audit and why are they necessary?
- Risk based thinking process
- ISO 14001:2015 purpose and requirements from an auditing perspective.
- How to plan & conduct audits
- Audit communication
- Value added audit reporting and follow-up
Duration: 5 day