GLOBALG.A.P Compound Feed Manufacturing
How can we help you?Request information
Know what you need?Request quote
Improve quality and safety of your products and consistently meet customer expectations.
Certification of your GLOBALG.A.P Compound Feed Manufacturing (CFM) system demonstrates your commitment to a sustainable food chain and farm assured livestock and aquaculture production, consistency, continual improvement and customer satisfaction. These are tangible business benefits that play an important part in building a transparent and sustainable business performance.
The GLOBALG.A.P CFM standard provides specific requirements for a product safety and quality managed animal feed production system that will enhance your ability to consistently deliver products that meet customer demands.
What is GLOBALG.A.P Compound Feed Manufacturing
Applicable to any compound feed manufacturer who supplies GLOBALG.A.P. certified producers, the standard is based on a number of product safety and quality assurance principles. These include a strong compliance focus, prerequisite programs (GMP/GHP) and preventive approach to product safety, and workers’ welfare and environmental sustanaibility elements.
- GLOBALG.A.P CFM sets out the rules and regulations for assurance of compound feed manufacturing processes. CFM defines the control points and compliance criteria for quality assurance in the production, supply and purchase of raw materials and feed ingredients for compound feed. It covers all the production steps from the purchase, handling and storage to the processing and distribution of compound feed.
- Certification according to this standard is mandatory for suppliers to farms and hatcheries certified according to the GLOBALG.A.P Integrated Farms Assurance (IFA) standards.
Benefits of becoming certified
The GLOBALG.A.P. CFM standard serves as a reference that compound feed manufacturers and compound feed manufacturer assurance schemes can use to demonstrate their compliance with GLOBALG.A.P. requirements. As a result:
- Build trust in your CF production system’s performance internally and externally by applying appropriate management principles within the organization.
- Implement a structured approach to continually improving processes and knowing where to focus efforts.
- Enhance customer confidence and satisfaction, which in turn can lead to increased business.
- Gain a significant competitive advantage by meeting the requirements of GLOBALG.A.P. certified livestock and aquaculture producers seeking reliable and assured sources for compound feed.
To be certified, you first need to implement an effective CFM production system complying with the standard’s requirements – a checklist is available from GLOBALG.A.P. that can aid in self-assessment. DNV is an accredited third-party certification body and can help you throughout the journey starting from relevant training to self-assessments, gap analysis and certification services. Learn more about how to get started on the road to certification.