DNV GL is proud to announce its qualification by the Quality Council of India as an assessment body for the WASH (Workplace Assessment for Safety and Hygiene) scheme.
With easing of lockdown restrictions, it is imperative for businesses which are re-opening to operate in a safe manner with little or no risk of infection recurrence. This includes:
- Ensuring a safe workplace and operations for employees, customers and the public
- Complying with all guidelines from the government and health authorities,
- Ensuring business continuity.
Developed by the Quality Council of India, the “Workplace Assessment for Safety and Hygiene” (WASH)” standard is applicable for assessment at any workplace which has been allowed to operate. It can be done as an on-site assessment by trained assessors or remotely through a virtual system.
Aim and Benefit of the Assessment:
- To provide organizations with a holistic report on the preparedness of their system and processes related to Hygiene & Safety with regards to COVID-19 risk.
- To provide information useful for identifying and improving on the weak links related to Hygiene & Safety in the operations and the workplace of the applicant organization/institution
Process steps of Assessment:
- Self-Assessment: Applicant will share a self-assessment report, duly filled with the assessment body.
- Video/Onsite Assessment: Upon a mutually agreed assessment date, a technical assessor from DNV GL shall conduct an announced on-site or remote assessment (as per QCI/NABCB policy on conducting remote assessment)
- Assessment/ Inspection result: The assessor(s) nominated by DNV GL shall use the assessment checklist and report format designed by the scheme owner (QCI) at the time of assessment.
Communication of Stage-wise progress and Assessment outcome:
The stage-wise progress of the process, as depicted in Figure 1, will be communicated to ZED Division, on a regular basis or as advised.
The assessment report shall be reviewed and approved by DNV GL’S own set of protocols and shall be shared with the client.