ISO 45001:2018 certification not only helps an organisation to improve its OH&S performance but also prevents the chance of any injury or ill-health or the workers. Regardless of the size and strength of the organisation, this certification is applicable for all. It works towards the wellness of the workers for any organisation, thus increasing the overall productivity and profit.
Made according to the guidelines of the International Labour Organization, this standard also assures the integration of other certifications, such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. But, these are not all the advantages that come with this particular certification. Here we sum up the 5 key benefits of being an ISO 45001:2018 certified organisation.
1. Implementation of OH&S Policies: This standard helps any organisation to develop and implement the policies and objectives related to OH&S. Besides, it also assures the correct establishment of systematic procedures of all things related to health and safety. It defines the context and also calculates the risk and opportunities related to that. Moreover, it also specifies the legal and operational requirements.
2. Determining the operational risks and hazards: The ISO 45001:2018 certification is necessary to identify the hazards and risks of any organisation correctly. Besides, it also helps to eliminate the chances of those hazards. Moreover, it also enables the organisation to trim down the potential effects of those hazards and operational risks.
3. Increase the OH&S Awareness: This certification increases the awareness related to operational safety and the cause of hazards among the members of any organisation. It evaluates the performance of OH&S and then provides practical solutions to improve it by taking the required actions. It also enforces that every worker of the organisation should take part in the OH&S parameters, thus ensuring the overall awareness of the team.
4. Reduces the OH&S cost: By opting for the ISO 45001:2018 certification, any organisation can effectively reduce the total cost related to any OH&S incidents. It also maintains the minimum downtime, thus increasing the overall productivity. Besides, it also eliminates the chance of disruption and minimises the cost of operation. And, not only that; this certification also reduces the premium amount of insurances.
5. Recognition from an international benchmark: The ISO 45001:2018 certification is a must for gaining the international standard. And, this particular status influences the clients of any organisation. Moreover, it also appeals a lot to potential customers, as most of us are now concerned about our social responsibilities.
Besides all these key benefits we have listed above, there many other advantages that come with this certification. It reduces the absenteeism of the workers, thus increasing the overall turnover rates of the employees in any organisation. This certification also improves the ability of that particular organisation to respond quickly and effectively to any regulatory compliance issue.