Need more information?Yes, Please
Industrial or occupational hygiene is dedicated to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of environmental factors arising in or from the workplace that may result in injury, illness, impairment or affect the well-being of workers and members of the community.
Workplace health hazards are broadly covered under:
- Chemical: gases, vapors, dusts, fumes
- Physical: noise, vibration, temperature, radiation
- Biological: bacteria , fungi, virus, insects
- Ergonomics: stress, workload, work organizations
An industrial hygiene survey and evaluation is useful for organizations to:
- Identify and quantify specific contaminants that may be present in the work environment.
- Assess compliance with respect to various occupational health standards.
- Determine exposure in response to complaints.
- Generate environmental data in conjunction with an interface with medical and/or epidemiological efforts.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of engineering controls.
How can DNV Help?
DNV has a range of consulting, assessment, and training services to support organizations with their compliance to regulations and standards. We can help organizations drive their industrial hygiene program by developing a specialized technical team, system and inhouse capabilities. Our trainers are experts with OHTA-BOHS international modules and can support HSE professionals to enrich their career by pursuing OH certificate programs like CIH, CSP and CRSP.
Our services include:
Health Risk Assessment: Qualitative (QLEA) and Quantitative (QNEA)
Chemical Exposure Monitoring: Dust, fibers, vapor & gases, fumes
Noise Survey: Area and personal exposure, Hearing Conservation Program
Vibration Study: Hand Arm Vibration, Full Body Vibration
Temperature Extreme Monitoring: Heat Stress and Cold Stress
Industrial Ventilation: General and local exhaust evaluation and designing
Microbial Sampling: Legionella, mold and pathogens
Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
Ergonomics Study and Design
Respiratory Fit Testing: Qualitative and quantitative
Training on Industrial Hygiene and Safety:
- General Awareness: 1-day program
- Intermediate level: 2-3 days program
- Expert level: 3-5 days program
- Classroom/online training | Workshops | Corporate Awareness Programs
BOHS-OHTA Approved Training Modules:
- W201: Basic Principles of Occupational Hygiene
- W501: Measurement of Hazardous Substances
- W502: Thermal Environment
- W503: Noise – Measurement and Effects
- W504: Asbestos and other Fibres
- W505: Control of Hazardous Substances
- W506: Ergonomic Essentials
- W507: Health Effects of Hazardous Substances